In the construction world, there are many different types of heavy machinery that are used on a regular basis. Among these machines is the boom lift, which has quickly become one of the most popular pieces of equipment for construction workers and contractors.
In this blog post, we will answer all of your questions about boom lifts! We will discuss what boom lifts are, how boom lifts work, when to use a boom lift, and the benefits of using a boom lift!
What is a Boom Lift?
A boom lift is a type of aerial platform or elevated work platform (EWP) that consists of a hydraulic arm with a platform at the end. The arm can extend outwards from the body of the machine and reach heights of up to 200 feet. Boom lifts are commonly used in construction, industrial, and event settings.
Boom lifts come in two different types: electric and combustion engine-powered. Electric boom lifts run on electricity, while combustion engine-powered boom lifts run on diesel fuel, LP Gas and/or Propane.
How Does a Boom Lift Work?
A boom lift is a piece of equipment that uses a boom to lift workers and materials to high places. The boom is attached to the mast, which rests on the ground. The boom can be raised and lowered to reach different heights.
The boom lift works by using hydraulic cylinders to raise and lower the boom. These cylinders are powered by either electric or diesel engines. When the boom is raised, the boom lift becomes taller and can reach higher places. When the boom is lowered, the boom lift becomes shorter and can fit through narrower spaces.
Benefits of a Boom Lift
Boom lifts have become an essential piece of equipment in the construction world. There are many benefits to using a boom lift, some of these benefits include:
- Boom lifts can reach high places that would otherwise be difficult or impossible to reach.
- Boom lifts can be used in a variety of settings, both indoors and outdoors.
- Boom lifts are very versatile and can be used for many different tasks.
- Boom lifts are safe to use and provide a stable platform for workers to stand on.
- Boom lifts can travel over rough ground and up steep hills, making them perfect for working in outdoor settings.
When to Use a Boom Lift
There are many different situations where a boom lift would be useful, some of these situations include:
- If you need to work on something that is high up, such as painting the ceiling or changing a light bulb.
- If you need to move heavy objects from one place to another, such as furniture, pallets, or boxes.
- If you are doing construction or renovation work and need to lift materials up to the second floor of a building.
Always consult with your supervisor before using a boom lift to make sure that it is the right tool for the job.
To Sum It All Up
In conclusion, boom lifts are a versatile and safe tool that can be used for many different tasks. If you need to work on something high up or a lift to work inside or outside, a boom lift is a perfect solution.
For more information about boom lifts, feel free to reach out to us via our contact form!